Tocando students visit the El Paso Museum of Art every two months for an interactive lesson connecting art, music and creativity. They also participate in specially designed lessons during Tocando hours to work towards understanding the similarities between art forms.
ARTBEATS! culminates at the end of each school year with performances of piece of music, written by students, to a specific piece of art.
- Understand similarities between art forms
- Express feelings about art through music
- Learn tools to create art and musical composition
- Create sounds based on a piece of art
- Create a composition to a specific piece of art